Saturday, March 17, 2012

Farmers' Markets

There is a fabulous farmers' market at the Springs Preserve every Thursday morning, from 10-1pm. Get there early for best choice of produce and parking spaces! There are truly local farmers selling their goodies at the market. Some have small farms in the Las Vegas Valley. Others are just over the hill in Boulder City, Overton or Pahrump.

There are also magical treats that I'd bet you've never heard of (Buddha's hand, anyone?) from Southern California. My friend Janet, who has a stand at the market too, says the market is all about trying something new.

If vegetables don't tickle your fancy, you can't say no to a baguette. Or fresh pasta? Or to locally roasted coffee beans?

And now.... there is a farmers' market downtown, as well on Friday morning from 9-2pm. I saw this guy selling coffee beverages there the first week.

Now you don't have an excuse! Go check out the local food scene.

1 comment:

groovy feather said...

A Farmer's market on thursday morning, perfect for me! Works with my schedule and will definitely go next week. Is it all year long? I live in Las Vegas for more than 4 years and I'm glad I found your web page. Thank you for contributing in a healthy Las Vegas for all!

Post a Comment